In the event of an accident, remain calm and follow these steps to help effectively manage the situation.
- First, make sure all passengers are safe. Check for injuries and seek First-Aid or medical attention if needed.
- Contact the U.S. Coast Guard to report incidents for investigation.
- Carefully, secure or relocate the boat to prevent additional damage.
- Document the vessel’s damage, taking photos and notes of its condition.
- Exchange information (including contact details, insurance and hull ID) with other boat operators and witnesses involved in the incident.
- Notify Berkley Recreational Marine as early as possible after experiencing the loss to expedite complex repairs as well as manage costs and in turn insurance premiums.
Because accidents are stressful enough, we’ve made reporting a claim easy 24/7 using any of the options below.
Send an email to email@example.com.
Contact your agent.
Berkley Recreational Marine is dedicated to helping you relax and take full advantage of priceless time spent on the water.